Why Study in Australia?
The Education System in Australia
Here’s why Studying in Australia is a great choice:
- Australian universities are rated amongst the best in the world, with 8 of them ranked in the Top 100
- The Australian University system is even better than Germany and New Zealand (9th in the world)
- Most universities are located in capital cities that rank in the top 30 most liveable cities for students
- Over $ 200,000,000 is spent annually on international scholarships by the Government
- A huge number of international students choose Australia each year as their study destination, owing to its welcoming environment.
Rest assured, with a great education system in place, you can live, study and experience a culture with plenty of tourist attractions and well-equipped transportation facilities.
The Cost of Studying in Australia
Whilst not remarkably economical, the cost of studying in Australia isn’t as expensive as some of the other western countries. As an international student, you’ll be expected to pay for your tuition in advance for each study period.
Here are some examples of course costs, listed in Australian dollars:
- School – up to AU $ 30,000 per year
- English language studies – around AU $3,800 per week depending on course length
- Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – AU $4,000 to $22,000
- Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – AU $15,000 to $33,000*
- Postgraduate Master’s Degree – AU $20,000 to $37,000*
- Doctoral Degree – AU $14,000 to $37,000*
* Note: this doesn’t include high-value courses like veterinary or medical.
Student Visa Requirements
Australia has a stringent visa system in place, but with the right guidance, you will be able to walk your way through the process with ease.
To acquire the student visa, you must have enrolled in a course of study in Australia and show evidence of your financial capacity to pay the course fee and support yourself throughout your stay. Students under the age of 18 can also bring their parents to stay with them. Here is the process flow to apply for and obtain a student visa.
Here’s how it works:
- Register with AECC Global and talk with an education counsellor
- Apply to institutions with our help (We have a great working relationship with every one of them)
- Take IELTS test
- Receive offer letter from the institution
- Collect your Australian Student visa documents
- Pay tuition fee and receive your eCoE
- Lodge student visa medical
- Collect visa grant letter
Student Health Insurance to Study in Australia
OSHC is one of the prerequisites to apply for the student visa. It is one of the documents you enclose while applying for the student visa. Apart from the fact it is mandatory, OSHC is very beneficial as it covers a wide range of medical expenses.
Healthcare system is very robust in Australia and it is costly also. Therefore purchasing OSHC is a smart financial decision. There are multiple players who provide this health insurance and it normally costs between AU $450 – AU $600 based on the plan you opt for.
Best Places to Study in Australia
Students can explore online or with the help of our counsellors the top universities in these cities and shortlist the most favourable ones and apply. Except for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, the other cities in Australia are designated as regional cities and students who choose to study in these cities can avail amazing benefits such as special scholarships, extra PR points, and an extended stay in the country after studies.
Top courses to study in Australia
International students in Australia can study certificate courses, diploma, Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degree. The programmes are designed in a way to give in-depth theoretical knowledge enhanced by practical learning.
Additionally, internships and industry engagement are integral parts of learning in Australia. Therefore, when you graduate, you will be ready to compete and excel in a career field of your choice and thrive amongst some of the finest professionals in the industry and other competent overseas graduates.
We see your potential and help you to study in Australia that adds significant value to your future.
Our international education counsellors proactively guide and support the international students in choosing the top-ranking universities and the best courses to achieve their career goal. We make sure our students are provided with personalised support when applying to study in Australia.