What is PTE?
The PTE exam has two categories:
- PTE Home
- PTE Academic
Why take the PTE Home Exam?
PTE Home test is a listening and speaking test, taken on a computer in a secure and friendly test environment at a Pearson test center. It can be scheduled up to 24 hours in advance, 365 days a year and the results are typically available within just 48 hours of taking the test. It is accepted by the UK Home Office as proof of language proficiency and is a convenient choice for those applying for a family or settlement visa. Upon successful completion of a PTE Home test the candidate is provided with proof of their English language proficiency meets the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) Levels A1, A2 and B1.
Why take the PTE Academic Exam?
PTE Academic is a fully computerized, online English language test for international education and immigration purposes. This test is powered by AI technology and unlike the conventional grading system, the PTE grading is completely objective and free from human biases.
There are two types of PTE Academic exam:
- PTE Academic Exam
- PTE Academic UKVI
PTE Academic Exam
PTE Academic assesses the candidates' skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing. The entire duration of the test lasts up to 3 hours. This test is accepted by over a thousand universities around the globe, including Harvard Business School, INSEAD and Yale. In Australia and New Zealand, PTE Academic is accepted even for visa purposes.
PTE Academic UKVI
The PTE Academic UKVI is specific to the UK. This is a Secure English Language Test (SELT) to be eligible for UK visas. Anyone who wishes to work, study or live in the UK can take up this test.
PTE exam fees in Philippines
The PTE Academic UKVI exam fee in Philippines is USD $220.
PTE exam cancellation fees in Philippines
- If a candidate is unable to take up the examination on the scheduled date, they are eligible for a full refund if they cancel the test 14 calendar days before their test date.
- If the candidate cancels their registration 7 calendar days before the actual test date, they will receive 50% of the fee.
- No refunds will be provided to those candidates who cancel their test registration less than 7 calendar days before the exam.
PTE exam rescheduling fees in Philippines
- Candidates who reschedule their test date 14 calendar dates before their actual test date will not be charged any additional charges for the new test date.
- Candidates who reschedule the test 13-8 calendar dates before the actual test date will have to pay 50% of the rescheduling fee for the new test date.
- Candidates who reschedule the exam date less than 7 calendar dates before the actual test date must have to pay the full fee for a new test date.
How to reschedule the PTE exam?
- Visit the official pearsonpte website
- Log in to the My PTE account
- Click on the Reschedule or Cancel PTE exam option
PTE Exam Booking Process
Steps to register PTE exam in Philippines:
- Open a web account on the official PTE Academic Website or log in to a previously created account.
- Once you create an account, fill in all the details carefully, including your passport details.
- Next, you can choose the test centre, date and time that is convenient for you.
- You can proceed with the payment after filling in all the details.
- You will receive an acknowledgment receipt once the payment is made.