Scholarships in Australia
Turn your Study Abroad Dream to Degrees Abroad in Canada
Why Study in Canada?
Serving as a world leader in higher education, it's no wonder why many international students are choosing to travel to the country of maple syrup and Mounties - that's right, we're talking about the great land of Canadians! With three universities recognized amongst the top fifty institutions in the world by QS World University Rankings 2022, it's clear to see why studying in this incredible country is so desirable. Not only will you be able to attend some of the best universities on planet Earth for an internationally acclaimed education; but you will also receive globally recognized degrees.
Canada is widely renowned for its excellence in a variety of disciplines, such as engineering, telecommunications, aerospace, and other areas of higher learning. Though the tuition fees may differ from university to university and program to program, studying in Canada remains a financially viable option. But given the intense competition to access these educational opportunities, students must plan accordingly.
Each year, thousands of students turn their eyes to Canada for higher education. There are a multitude of factors that make this country an attractive option, including its high quality of education along with good career prospects, the multicultural environment it provides, and the remarkable quality of life. In addition, attending university in Canada offers students the opportunity to be part of world-renowned institutions alongside celebrated leaders like Margaret Atwood, Frederick Banting, and Elon Musk. Let’s delve into why studying in Canada is a great choice and how you can become a part of the top universities here.
Types of Scholarships Available in Canada for Filipino Students
- The Canadian government and its agencies offer scholarships to international students, including Filipinos.
- Canadian universities provide various scholarships for international students.
- These scholarships can include entrance scholarships, merit-based scholarships, and scholarships for specific fields of study or research.
- Some scholarships are tailored for students from certain countries, including the Philippines.
- The purpose of these scholarships is to promote educational exchange and cultural understanding between Canada and the respective country.
- External organizations, foundations, and associations offer scholarships.
- These scholarships are available to international students, including Filipinos.
Diversity and Inclusion Scholarships
- These scholarships focus on promoting diversity and inclusivity.
- They support students from underrepresented backgrounds, including ethnic minority groups.
- Filipinos may be eligible for these scholarships based on their background and experiences.
Exploring these scholarship opportunities and understanding their eligibility criteria can significantly aid Filipino students in achieving their educational and career goals in Canada.
Top Universities Offering Scholarships in Canada
International students considering studying in Canada can benefit from a range of scholarship options available at various institutions in the country. These scholarships provide financial assistance, demonstrating the universities' commitment to fostering global talent and promoting cultural exchange. Those who want to study in Canada should explore the options at top Canadian universities to support their educational aspirations in a welcoming and inclusive academic environment.
|S. No.||University Name||Scholarship Name||Scholarship Type||Scholarship Amount (in CAD)|
|1||University Canada West||UAP Grant||Nationality-based||$2,583 (for 2024)|
|2||The University of the Fraser Valley||International Excellence Entrance Scholarship||Merit-based||Up to $20,000|
|3||Royal Roads University||The Allan Cahoon Scholarship||Merit-based||$1,500|
|4||Western University (Ontario)||Western International Admission Scholarship||Merit-based||Up to $25,000|
|5||The University of Regina||International Entrance Scholarship||Merit-based||$3,000|
|6||Brock University||Brock Scholars Award||Merit-based||Up to $3,400 a year|
|7||University of Saskatchewan||University of Saskatchewan International Excellence Award||Merit-based||Up to $10,000|
|8||Ontario Tech University||International Merit Award||Merit-based||Up to $4,000|
Requirements to Avail Scholarship in Canada
- Importance of stellar grades for scholarship opportunities.
- Typically requires a GPA that meets or exceeds a specific threshold.
Admission to a Canadian Institution
- Admittance into certain Canadian learning institutes is essential.
- Institutes can range from colleges, universities, to technical schools.
- Each scholarship program has its own list of accepted institutions.
- Prospective recipients must fill out an application provided by the awarding organization.
- The application may request details like background data, educational achievements, motivations, commendations, and sometimes an essay or research paper.
- Proficiency in either English or French is often required.
- Tests like IELTS, TOEFL, and TEF measure language ability.
- The required score may vary based on the scholarship or institution.
- Essential to research the criteria of various scholarship programs.
- Criteria can include field of study, level of education, nationality, and financial situation.
- Additional materials may be needed beyond the application.
- This can include transcripts, testimonials, verification of extracurriculars, and a purpose outline.
- Important to adhere to submission deadlines.
- Failure to submit on time could jeopardize chances of securing financial aid.
How to Avail Scholarship in Canada?
To avail scholarships in New Zealand, there are specific steps that can be followed. Here is a guide on how to avail scholarships in New Zealand for Filipino students:
- Research Available Scholarships: Begin by researching available scholarships in New Zealand. Look for scholarships specifically designed for international students, including Filipino students. Explore scholarship databases, university websites, and government-sponsored programs to identify relevant opportunities.
- Understand Eligibility Criteria: Carefully review the eligibility criteria for each scholarship. Take note of the specific requirements such as academic excellence, English language proficiency, intended degree level, and field of study. Ensure that you meet the criteria before proceeding with the application.
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather all the necessary documents required for the scholarship application. These may include academic transcripts, certificates, recommendation letters, personal statements, proof of English language proficiency, and any other supporting documents specified by the scholarship provider.
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the scholarship application form accurately and completely. Provide all the required information, paying close attention to the instructions. Be prepared to write essays or personal statements to highlight your academic achievements, career aspirations, and reasons for choosing New Zealand as your study destination.
- Submit the Application: Submit your completed application along with all the required documents before the specified deadline. Ensure that you have followed the submission instructions provided by the scholarship provider, whether it is an online submission or physical mailing.
- Await the Scholarship Decision: After submitting your application, patiently await the scholarship decision. The selection process may take some time as the scholarship committee carefully evaluates each application. Be prepared to provide any additional information or attend an interview if requested.
- Acceptance and Enrolment: If you are awarded the scholarship, carefully read and understand the terms and conditions of the scholarship offer. Follow the instructions provided to accept the scholarship. Once accepted, complete the necessary enrolment procedures at the New Zealand educational institution you have been admitted to.
Remember to stay organised, meet the deadlines, and put forth your best effort in preparing your scholarship application. Availing scholarships in New Zealand for Filipino students requires thorough research, preparation, and meeting the specific requirements outlined by each scholarship provider.
Frequently asked questions
To get a scholarship in Canada, start by researching and applying for government, non-government, or institutional scholarships, and ensure you meet the eligibility criteria.
Studying in Canada for free from the Philippines is unlikely, but you can explore scholarships, grants, and financial aid options to reduce the cost of education.
While 100% scholarships are rare, there are opportunities for significant financial support in Canada. Research and apply for scholarships that cover a portion of your expenses.
Yes, Filipinos can apply for scholarships in Canada. Many scholarships are open to international students, including those from the Philippines.
The GPA requirements for scholarships in Canada vary. Aim for a competitive GPA, but also consider other factors such as extracurricular activities and community involvement.
Increase your chances of getting a scholarship in Canada by starting your search early, maintaining a strong academic record, showcasing your achievements and leadership skills, and submitting well-prepared applications.
There is typically no age limit for scholarships in Canada. Scholarships are available to students of different age groups, including undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels.
The scholarship application deadlines in Canada vary depending on the institution and scholarship program. Start researching and applying for scholarships well in advance of the academic year you plan to begin your studies.