What is TOEFL?
The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is a globally accepted, standardised English language test to examine international students’ English proficiency in Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing as the English Language Test score plays a vital role in the overseas education admission process. The TOEFL test score is accepted in over 150 countries, including Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Since its inception in 1964, the TOEFL test’s curriculum and test methods have matched universities and institutions’ expectations. The recent revision was in 2005, and the test is renamed the TOEFL iBT test. The test now comprises tasks that test if the candidate’s Reading, Listening, Writing, and Speaking skills meet the demands of top-notch academic environments today.
TOEFL exam types
The TOEFL conducts the English proficiency exam in two modes. i.e. TOEFL iBT and TOEFL – Essentials Test.
TOEFL – iBT
The TOEFL-iBT test is the most preferred type, with over 90% of the students are taking it up online. The TOEFL-iBT test comprises 4 sections, which are: speaking, listening, writing, and reading. Students have to take up all the sections on a computer equipped with a microphone and camera. Since the iBT test pattern doesn’t have a separate section to examine candidates’ grammar knowledge, the writing section is monitored in detail.
TOEFL – Essentials Test
TOEFL Essentials Test was created with students who wish to strike a balance in mind. Students who wish to have equal functionality in academic English and General English. The Essentials Test is more interactive and flexible, giving the students an opportunity to express their language skills better. Essentials Test also encourages students to submit a personal video statement to showcase their personality. The test also has a pre-recorded virtual interviewer to make it more interactive for students.
* Earlier there was also another exam format called TOEFL PBT which is a paper-based English language test. Students who are not in proximity to internet-based test centres use to take up this test but now the TOEFL PBT is discontinued and is no longer in the Philippines.
Why choose the TOEFL exam?
All top 100 universities in the world and around 10,000 universities in 130 countries accept TOEFL. Students aspiring to study in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the US will find it beneficial to take up the test as it will help with the Visa and College application.
Students can book an online TOEFL test from any part of the world and find exam centres in the Philippines. Since there are 50 TOEFL iBT test dates in a year, students can choose a convenient schedule. The test results are out in about 06-10 days. The TOEFL test assesses students’ English proficiency on a detailed scale; the speaking test is examined by 3 to 4 proctors.
What is TOEFL login?
- Reschedule, cancel or view your registration.
- View or apply for an approved testing venue.
- Download or view TOEFL scores.
- To update information such as your contact number or email.
TOEFL exam registration process in Philippines
Filipino Students can complete their TOEFL registration process in any of the following 3 methods:
- TOEFL registration by ETS account
- TOEFL registration by phone
- TOEFL registration by email
How to register for TOEFL exam by ETS account?
- Sign-up on the official ETS website.
- Make sure to enter the name as it is in the identification document to be produced on the day of the TOEFL test.
- After submitting all the necessary information and creating a profile, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Log in using the password and click on the ‘Register for a Test’ button.
- Choose a test date and centre.
- Complete the TOEFL registration process.
- Payment can be made via online.
Note - You can register online even 15 days prior to a test date.
How to register for TOEFL by mail?
- Go to ETS official site and download the TOEFL Registration Form.
- Fill in the form with either blue or black ink pen.
- Mail the form to the address mentioned on the registration form along with the payment.
- Submit the form at least 4 weeks prior to the test date
- Receive the confirmation email.
How to register for TOEFL by phone?
- Directly call the TOEFL Regional Registration Center to register and take up the test.
- Students registering through phone must register at least 7 days prior to the test date.
- The registration fee can be processed through a debit or credit card.
Note: Registration can be done through ETS Account only
TOEFL exam fee in the Philippines
Exam Fee in Philippines
Fees vary by testing location
Reinstatement of cancelled scores
Additional score reports (per institution or agency)
Speaking or Writing Section score review
Speaking and Writing Section score review
*Additional 15% government tax is applicable on top of the mentioned values
What is TOEFL Scholarship?
Every year ETS TOEFL scholarship is offered to aid students wishing to study overseas at a university or college listed in the TOEFL Directory (Over 8,750 institutions across 120+ countries). Students who have taken up the TOEFL test and received their test scores can apply for the TOEFL scholarship.
TOEFL exam dates in Philippines 2021
TOEFL Exam Dates in Philippines 2021
September 4, 2021
September 11, 2021
September 18, 2021
September 25, 2021
October 9, 2021
October 16, 2021
October 23, 2021
October 24, 2021
October 30, 2021
November 6, 2021
November 13, 2021
November 20, 2021
November 27, 2021
November 28, 2021