The International Student Support Team of Charles Darwin University supports students in all aspects of their experience of living and studying in Australia. Some areas including the extension of post-study work rights and the support system for students (during the pandemic) make them a forerunner in helping students study in Australia and look after their life as graduates in Australia seamlessly.
The Federal Government has announced an additional 2 years post-study work rights for international students studying in ‘regional centres and other areas’. This includes Charles Darwin University's campuses located in the Northern Territory, namely main campus in Darwin and another campus in Alice Springs.
The changes, which come into effect on November 16th, will mean that Charles Darwin University’s Bachelors, Masters and PhD graduates are eligible to apply POST-STUDY WORK RIGHTS. According to this, Bachelors students will be eligible to apply for up to 4 years post-study work rights, Masters students will be eligible to apply for up to 5 years post-study work rights, and PhD students will be eligible to apply for up to 6 years post-study work rights.
With Darwin being the only capital city of a state or territory eligible for the ‘Destination Australia’ program, international students studying at Charles Darwin University will also be eligible to apply for ‘Destination Australia’ scholarships.
Scholarships offered by Charles Darwin University:
1. Vice-Chancellor’s International High Achievers Scholarship
The scholarship applies to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree covering 50% or 25% of the tuition fee for the full duration of the course.
2. Charles Darwin University Global Excellence Award
The scholarship applies to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree covering 50% of the tuition fee for the first year of study and 10% in subsequent years.
3. Charles Darwin University Global Leader Award
The scholarship applies to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree covering 25% of the tuition fee for the first year of study and 10% in subsequent years.
4. Charles Darwin University Global Achiever Award
The scholarship applies to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree and covers 15% of the tuition fee for the first year of study.
5. Higher Degree by Research
Scholarships for PhD courses and Research degrees are available to international students.
Additional benefits for international students choosing Charles Darwin University are:
• The opportunity to study at one of the top young universities in the world.
• High graduate employment rates and salary outcomes – Charles Darwin University is one of 5 top Australian universities for graduate outcomes.
• Priority processing on regional visas and access to the Regional Occupations List, which contains more jobs than non-regional lists.
• An innovative teaching and learning experience at one of the most recognised research-intensive universities in Australia.
• A fantastic learning and living experience – Charles Darwin University was ranked 1st in Australia by international students for learning and living.
Excited to know more about to study in Charles Darwin University?